Electrician               .
Electrical Services   .
Part P                      .
Home Owners          .
Consumer Units       .
Lights                      .
Landlords                 .
Appliance Testing    .
PIR (Report)             .
Fire Alarm                .
Contact Us               .
Useful Links             .

• Part P

• Fire Alarms

• TrustMark License

• Electrician in Bedford  

• Elecsa Registered Contractor


T: 01234  315297



Electrical Services Electrical Services ©  All rights reserved.

Domestic Electrical Services In Bedford Electrical Services are registered and approved electrical contractors who are authorised to self certify and complete electrical installation certificates.  Installers must also complete electrical work to the latest regulations of The Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) electrical installation regulations British Standard BS 7671: 2008 17th Edition.  

Part P

Part P Building Regulations

On the 1st January 2005 new Part P building regulations came in to force. You should be aware of what the requirements and your responsibilities are when instructing electrical work to be carried out. The reason for the change was to reduce the number of deaths, injuries and fires to make it harder for un-registered electricians, cowboy builders and amateur DIY individuals leaving electrical installations in an unsafe condition.



Electrical Work REQUIRING Notification

House rewire or new circuits

Under floor or ceiling heating

Swimming Pool, saunas, spas

Work returning to the consumer unit

Work done in a kitchen or special location

Work done outside the fabric of the property

  to permanent garden lights, power to sheds etc.

Electrical Work NOT Requiring Notification


Maintenance work.

Replacement of installed unit.

Replacing light fittings, sockets and plugs.

Telephone cable (Unless in a swimming pool, spa etc).

How To Meet Your Commitments

By using a registered and approved electrical contractor such as Electrical Services who offer free of charge to notify local Building Control Authority on behalf of our client for electrical installation work that we have completed.



The property owner notifies local Building Control Authority before work starts and paying a fee for all high risk work known as notifiable work.

Work REQUIRING Notification, Electrical Services will after completing the work:-

1. FREE of CHARGE - Notify the local Building Control Department Authority of the work completed, dealing with

   all the necessary forms and paper work on behalf of our client. In due course the client will receive a certificate

   from our registered scheme provider (Elecsa), confirming the work has been notified and registered with LBCA.

2. Complete an Electrical Installation Certificate incorporating test results providing the owner with the original

   signed and dated copy.


Work NOT REQUIRING Notification, Electrical Services will after completing the work:-

1. Complete a Minor Works Electrical Installation Certificate incorporating any test results providing the owner with

   the original signed and dated copy.

After The Installation Work is Completed

When all electrical installation work has been completed by the registered and approved electrical contractor who completed the installation work such as Electrical Services they must must issue the following installation & test certificates signed by the contractor.